22 August, 2011

The joys of Aunthood!

    For those who don't already know, I am an Aunt. I love the job, and it is a highly praised position that requires very little effort. I see my niece and nephew a few days a week. I come to my sister's place, I hold them, talk to them, make them laugh... And when it's time for them to be changed, I go home because it would be too much for me to involve in such unnecessary action. They have a mother for those things.
    Now, onto the details: on the 6th of May, 2011 two angels were welcomed into this world. Their names are Nemanja and Nadja, and they are the apple of their aunt's eye!

This is them just a couple of weeks old!

Me with both of them a few days ago :-)

 Nemanja and I

Nadja and I 

My little sleepy sunshine

 My little Miss Smiley face

    So, there they are. I love them the most and can't imagine life without them. It is so weird how little it takes for a baby to get under your skin. I am actually surprised by how fast they grow, how they change every day. Just minutes go they left to the doctors for their check-up, and Nadja started crying... She is generally not the one that cries, because Nemanja does that... But she is different. So much prettier, and somehow... dunno... It is normal with babies I suppose. This morning I went to see them for 20 minutes, and I tried feeding Nemanja, and couldn't manage. He was kicking me, and pushing me away! A three month old baby pushing me away! He is sooo strong! And later, when my sister finished feeding him, he almost climbed onto her chest! She was holding him, and he tried climbing up with his tiny legs! EPIC!!! It can't be described... You have to see it to realize how funny they are. And they are still so little and know absolutely nothing... Or do they? When is it that people start comprehending the world? I know that one of my first memory is from kindergarten... It was something with me singing the lyrics of the song "Moji su drugovi" in a wrong way. It was in 1994 or 1995 which means I was 5, maybe 6... I have other memories from kindergarten, but I have no idea how old I was back then. And they aren't all much vivid... Anyways, today we have cameras to make sure every moment is remembered, and my little angels will have lots of memories :-)


    

1 comment:

  1. They are soooo adorable! :D I envy you, my dear! You have your very own preview of motherhood! :D

    Those two little angels deserve the best, and that's what they found in you! :))

    ReplyDelete