27 September, 2011

Sushi bar!


Feel the rain on your skin 
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in 
No one else, no one else 
Can speak the words on your lips 
Drench yourself in words unspoken 
Live your life with arms wide open 
Today is where your book begins 
The rest is still unwritten 


     This chorus of an amazing song that is an inspiration for me is one of the things that made me write my list. me wanting to see it all and feel it by myself. And I have started. yesterday I went to Ikki Sushi Bar and I ate sushi! Finally!!! I got the voucher a few days ago, yesterday I made a reservation for 7PM, and there I was! We couldn't choose what to eat, because the voucher said which meal we were having. But we didn't mind, because we had no idea what would we have anyways. So, here are some pictures, of me and Maja, before our plates arrived!



Maja - holding a napkin with chopsticks

    So, we were looking at the Menu, trying to decide what to have for drinking, and to see what else is there, and we were rather surprised to see that many things we actually could dare to try... And that we might come again some day :-) And then our plates arrived, and they looked like this:


     There you have 5 pieces of Nagiri, each with a different kind of fish: salmon, eel, tuna, seebass, and what they said was shrimp. I am not sure there was all of it there, but from what I could recognize there was definitely tuna, salmon, shrimp and seebass. But eel... Not so sure... maybe sole... It also contained Maki crabs with sesame! The green little thing is wasabi, aka Japanese horseradish, and I didn't dare try it. Maja did, and she said it very hot and strong, and she will never have it again!!! The other garnish is ... well kind of a salad I think, it is spicy, hot, sour and I had trouble swallowing it. I tried it then, and never again! Maki with crab and sesame is the best thing on that plate, and I really liked it! The sesame gives it an amazing flavour. To be honest, I wasn't all that overwhelmed with the food. It is nice, healthy, and I might go again if I get the chance, why not. The experience and the fact that I am checking another box on my list is what made it so exciting. And I did have a good time, because I was there with Maja, and she is just amazing!
    Here are some more pictures, so you can see what else we had, and that we did have fun! 

Japanese Jasmin tea - I drank the smell <3 

 Maki crab held by chopsticks!

 The Menu

Me trying to hold Maki crab with chopsticks

     Oh, and the chopsticks! It was so funny how we tried holding them, and things would come to my mouth and fall back in the plate! I suck at it. But by the time we ate everything, we kinda figured it out, so it wasn't that bad. 

Anyways, the conclusion would be: I HAD FUN AND WOOHOO! 2/100 ^^


Correction: 3/100 I used chopsticks! thank you anonymous follower from Formsprings for pointing that out :-)




3 comments:

  1. nice review. Next time, you should mix a little bit wasabi with (salty) soy sauce en dip your sushi in it. it tastes a lot better. The other garnish is pickled ginger. not my favoite as well, but some people like it. And next time, try the rolls and sashimi! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much of a vegetable fan, so I think I will skip anything that has it and stick to rice and fish :D But I might have a bite from the person who eats with me, if he/she/they let me ^^ Thanks for the tip, and I will try wasabi with the sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you sooo much! :D
    Congrats on *updating* the list, hun!
    Great food, and what a great post! :D

    ReplyDelete